We are pleased that you have chosen to you have your surgery at the Pinnacle Surgery Center. Our facility provides state-of-the-art technology in a setting that is relaxed and comfortable.
Preparation for Surgery
Your physician will discuss your procedure with you and will schedule the surgical appointment. A member of our staff will contact you to obtain necessary information and provide important instructions pertaining to your visit to our facility.
Please adhere to the following guidelines to prevent a delay or cancellation of your surgery:
- Do NOT eat any solid foods on the day of your surgery. You will receive specific instructions regarding liquids.
- Do NOT smoke or use tobacco products after midnight the night before your surgery.
- Do NOT drink alcohol 24 hours before AND after your surgery.
- Any prescription medications should be taken on the day of surgery with a small sip of water unless instructed otherwise.
- If you develop a fever, cough or other medical problem, call your physician promptly.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment or are delayed, please contact the Surgery Center.
- If you have diabetes controlled by oral medication or insulin, please discuss this with the doctor’s office at the time you schedule your surgery.
- Refrain from using powders, lotions or any kind of cosmetics on the face, eyes, chest and arms.
The Surgical Experience
Due to limited space, we request that no more than 2 people accompany you to Pinnacle Surgery Center. All children must be attended to at all times and may not be allow in restricted areas.
Upon arrival you will check in with the receptionist and then you will be able to relax in the waiting room until a member of our staff calls for you to move to the pre-operative holding area. There you will change into a surgical gown and your medical information will be reviewed. An anesthesiologist and your surgeon will speak with you, and an IV may be started depending upon the type of procedure you are having.
When your procedure is completed you will be taken to one of our recovery areas and carefully monitored until you are fully alert. At the appropriate time, we will invite a family member or friend to be with you. The length of time your family member must wait to see you varies with each patient and procedure.
Leaving the Surgery Center
For most procedures you will be ready to leave the Pinnacle Surgery Center within 1-2 hours following completion of your surgery. You will receive specific discharge instructions, both verbal and written, before leaving. A member of the Pinnacle Surgery Center staff will contact you after you have been home for at least one day to check your progress and answer any questions.
Please arrange to have someone take you home as you will not be allowed to drive yourself home. It is also important that you have someone stay with you for the first 24 hours following surgery. Follow your physician’s orders regarding activity, diet, medication, etc. Contact your physician if you feel you are having problems after discharge. If your doctor is not available, call the nearest hospital emergency room.